View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:22 am

World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth 
Orator

Post World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth

Cinematic: https://youtu.be/jSJr3dXZfcg

Feature video: https://youtu.be/QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

Blizzard wrote:
DECLARE YOUR ALLEGIANCE

Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion’s crusade—but even as the world’s wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your allies and champion your faction’s cause—Azeroth’s future will be forged in the fires of war.

RECRUIT ALLIED RACES

Explore Azeroth as one of six new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.

ALLIANCE KINGDOM
KUL TIRAS

As a hero of the mighty Alliance, journey to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore. Untangle a web of betrayal and dark magic as you encounter power-hungry pirates, witches wielding death magic, mystical sea priests, and more. Explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound, trek across Drustvar’s high plains and red forests, and navigate the intricate inland canals of Stormsong Valley as you convince this fractured kingdom to join your cause.

HORDE EMPIRE
ZANDALAR

Prepare the Horde for war by recruiting the ancient empire of Zandalar. In this troll-dominated territory, ancient evil waits to be unleashed on the world as you battle crazed blood-troll worshippers, gargantuan dinosaurs, and titan constructs. Discover Zuldazar, the oldest city in Azeroth; unveil the bleak swamps of Nazmir; and traverse the deadly deserts of Vol'dun.

PLUNDER UNCHARTED ISLANDS

Set sail for the previously unmapped isles of Azeroth. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect the island’s resources. Constantly evolving challenges await as you traverse frozen landscapes near Northrend, open the gates of an abandoned Gilnean castle, navigate a war between elementals and more.

STORM THE WARFRONTS

Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to the objective, and battle the enemy commanders as they make their last stand in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles.

INFUSE ARMOR WITH TITANIC MIGHT

Take control of the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. Imbue it with Azerite, an invaluable resource that’s emerged in the Legion’s wake, to customize your armor with new powers and traits.

ENTER A WORLD DIVIDED

Experience the relentless conflict at the heart of the Warcraft saga. Play through six new zones filled with new World Quests, new World Bosses, new raids and more as you determine whether the Horde or Alliance will shape Azeroth’s future.

Get hype!

Also I'm totally not doing this just to see who still checks these forums from time to time. Honest.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:38 am
Gifted Diplomat

Post Re: World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth
First!

And only?

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:48 pm
Gifted Diplomat

Sadly no hype for me. There is little in it that really interests me for an mmo. This is the expansion that should have been a RTS.

But yeah, this is another 'let's make sure they waste time on each other so we can invade easier' plot of the old gods. I am going on a limb to think that Anduin has been replaced by N'zoth.

Edit: At first said I am not going to play it, but there might be enough lore for me to at least get it and try it. However I am frigging pissed with the fact that we as pve players will get penalized. Want xp quicker? Enable pvp.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:02 pm
Orator

Eucep wrote:
But yeah, this is another 'let's make sure they waste time on each other so we can invade easier' plot of the old gods. I am going on a limb to think that Anduin has been replaced by N'zoth.

Some have called BFA a "filler expansion" (much like MoP) which I think is apt enough, but not as negative as the term implies. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from world-threatening big bads. Not a huge fan of the constant expansion defining evil guys anyway.

Gonthar wrote:
And only?

There's three of us already! That's 1/3 of a guild!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm
Gifted Diplomat

More to come! I loved it !!!

Out of darkness, Out of mind, Cast down into the halls of the blind

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 pm
Diplomat

I am a bit worried that the two major features presented so far represent more instanced content, making BfA look like another expansion where most of your time will be spent in a queue, taking you away from the actual world. Games within a game.

I was hoping Blizzard would finally give us housing or dynamic world events or the ability to form social ties between characters, such as family trees and finally get lastnames, something that would bring some soul into the game.

Instances feel so efficiency driven and it looks like the only way to keep players is to present us with some endless grind that goes along with repetitive gear management.

That cinematic though ... :) Anduin, my king. :)

P.S.
Hello everybody!

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Awesome Bear

Heathens, the lot of you.

FOR THE HORDE!

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am
Orator

Obatala wrote:

FOR THE HORDE!

Hey! We used to raid together!

Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:51 pm
Miss Cleave

*wipes dust from shoulders and looks around*

Obatala wrote:

FOR THE HORDE!

That moment in the trailer gave me goosebumps. Also Brorn, you can take the player away from the Horde but you'll never take the Horde out of them!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 pm
Orator

Nyarti wrote:
*wipes dust from shoulders and looks around*

/Tickle

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:28 am
Gifted Diplomat

As usual, the cinematic are awesome... The creatures in the feature preview looks great, everything looks just about perfect...

Oh the curse of loving fantasy... :roll: I Will do my best to resist coming back to check it.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Personas: Naruko, Nyophix, Kalendra, Pyren, Alenta, Rap, Rosepeak, Icecape.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:10 pm