View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 am

Patch 6.2 
Orator

Post Patch 6.2
New patch will be deploying to PTR which will be 6.2 with what I would be almost certain at this point, the second tier and final raid of this expansion. A lot of info, previews of class tier gear and other stuff can be found from http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/483 ... uild-19890

6.2 doesnt look that bad on paper but I was really hoping this expansion would'nt have had so much scrapped. We're not seeing a Shattrath raid, no Farahlon and Bladespire Citadel and Temple of Karabor as capital cities were scrapped long before launch. This expansion will end up having only one contant patch (6.2) as 6.1 didnt really bring any real content for players to do. Some occasional and pretty much random quests and group wise new level of rewards for invasions and possibility of summoning a raid boss to your Garrison - has any of you done that?

Below current patch notes for the patch

Quote:
World of Warcraft Patch 6.2.0 PTR

Zone Unlocked: The Invasion of Tanaan Jungle

It's time to take the fight back to The Iron Horde in Tanaan Jungle! Access to the zone is unlocked by constructing a Shipyard (available to characters with a level 3 Garrison). To begin your journey, report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest. New daily quests are available in Tanaan to acquire shipyard resources and more. Open-world questing with rare creatures and hidden treasures scattered throughout the zone. More information will be added as development continues.

- New Garrison Feature: Shipyard and Naval Missions
Shipyard Characters with a level 3 garrison can now construct a Shipyard. To begin the path to construct a Shipyard, report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest. Build ships in your Shipyard and dispatch them on new Naval Missions. More information will be added as development continues. Naval Missions Naval Missions are still early in development. More information will be added as it becomes available.

- New Raid: Hellfire Citadel
Assault the Hellfire Citadel, mighty fortress of the Iron Horde, torn asunder by fel energies unleashed by Gul’dan, and stop the impending invasion of Azeroth! Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Tanaan Jungle, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Deadeye, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and Archimonde himself. Keep an eye out for more information on testing dates and times!

- New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
Draenor Dungeons now have a new difficulty level designed to challenge even the most hardened adventurers with a befitting increase in reward. Mythic difficulty is geared towards players that enjoy tackling difficult content in smaller groups and is designed to provide an alternate progression path. Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that's item level 680 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that's item level 700. More information will be added as development continues.

- Adventure Guide
An evolution of the Dungeon Journal, the Adventure Guide provides a wealth of information on what to see or do for the character. More information will be added as development continues.

- Legendary Ring Quest Line
Finish the Legendary Ring!
More information will be added as development continues.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 am
Diplomat

Post Re: Patch 6.2
Quote:
Some occasional and pretty much random quests and group wise new level of rewards for invasions and possibility of summoning a raid boss to your Garrison - has any of you done that?

I did that on an alt, through the group finder system. You only get the chance of a token if you complete a Garrison invasion on Platinum. So someone listed it on the group finder.

It was a pretty standard mob, a giant voidwalker type thing. Dropped an ilevel 660 set of legs for me.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:34 am
The Awesome Bear

Timewalking. I am digging this.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/187103 ... source=App

Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 am
Orator

Wow. Me too. Should definately be up 24/7 though!

Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:39 am
Orator

Obatala wrote:

Even in my hunger for nostalgia, it just feels like a cheap way to recycle old content without having to put effort into anything new. Still, being given a reason other than a trip down memory lane to run old instances can't be all bad.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:39 pm
Orator

Quote:
Rogue:
Eviscerate now deals 10% more damage.
Sinister Strike now deals 10% more damage.
Mastery: Main Gauche has increased in effectiveness by 10%.

I approve, that's almost 50% of my damage that is buffed by 10% :-D

Plus, the T18 armor finally looks halfway decent, not like the previous sets that were all ridiculously hideous

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 pm
Profile ICQ
Gifted Diplomat

they always do that, the first tier has crap states, and then everyone is dying to get the next.

I have a problem with what looks like the Holy priest tier set...
Quote:
2 pieces = "chance to get 1% haste when PoM jumps to another target"
4 pieces = "chance to get 1% haste when PoM jumps to another target"

this sounds rather crappy, and the fact that it is both for 2 and for 4 items makes me thing it's either a placeholder or a plain mistake.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Personas: Naruko, Nyophix, Kalendra, Pyren, Alenta, Rap, Rosepeak, Icecape.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:16 pm
Gifted Speaker

As it stands the current patch notes are reducing demonology locks damage by a lot. Looks like every thing in demon form and a few standard spells get nerfed by 25%.

Now its first iteration of the patch notes and as some one pointed out demo is a popular build and they may be trying to push PTR people to try other specs.

Still.... :(.

On a bright note, it looks like the next raid has trinkets that change bonuses to match you spec, interesting!

LK.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:02 am
Gifted Diplomat

Bit late, I know, but here is a shipyard guide by Icy-veins which is worth reading if you are still trying to make sense of how to progress your shipyard.

you can see there which rare drops which blueprint, what crew should you strive to have on your ships, what type to have for each level of shipyard, and so on.

quite boring, but all the info is there in a tidy way, so if you read it once, you can then go back there every time just for reference.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/garrison-shipyard-complete-guide

also i don't know why, but today i have realized i can build an extra ship and have 8 ships with a level 2 shipyard, i have no idea why, and couldn't find a patch change saying they are changing that, so don't forget to check if you can too.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:32 am
Diplomat

I really hope we get proper content in the next expansion and not some terrible facebook type crap like this shipyard and garrison.

Even worse I can't even avoid the shipyard because it is linked to the legendary. :(

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am
Gifted Diplomat

it was fun for a month or so, now it feels like another chore.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 am
Orator

I'm currently unsubscribed myself but I will check out the contents of this patch later on. Possibly when the next expansion's prepatch hits.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 pm
Gifted Diplomat

I find pet battle rather OK now day, and the rewards lets you level the rest of your army of pets without taking them into battle.

so... if you are into it - one of the best combination is to ger panderan water spirit and chromagus

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:38 pm
Diplomat

Massive nerfs to normal Hellfire, doesn't look much harder than LFR now. Archimonde especially will be a lot easier. Guess it's more tuned for the old flex level now.

Quote:
Hellfire Citadel
Note that the following tuning changes to Hellfire Citadel are currently live for the EU and Asia regions. Other regions will require a realm restart for the changes to take effect.

Kilrogg Deadeye
•Kilrogg Deadeye's Heart Seeker now deals damage and spawns globules only against the target of the ability on Normal Difficulty.
•Significantly reduced the health of Blood Globule and Fel Blood Globule on Normal Difficulty.

Hellfire High Council
•Reduced the damage of Dia Darkwhisper's Wailing Horrors by 30% on Normal difficulty.

Gorefiend
•Gorefiend no longer uses Shared Fate on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.
•Gorebound Construct's Hunger for Life now only affects the fixated target on Normal difficulty.

Tyrant Velhari
•Aura of Oppression in stage one and Aura of Contempt in stage two of the encounter now increases its effect over time more slowly on Normal difficulty.

Xhul'horac
•Wild Pyromaniac's Fel Orb no longer creates patches of Chaotic Felblaze if it fails to impact a player on Normal and Raid Finder difficulty.
•Unstable Voidfiend's Volatile Voidstep no longer spreads Creeping Void if the explosion contacts any players on Normal and Raid Finder difficulty.

Archimonde
•Archimonde no longer uses Wrought Chaos on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.
•Nether Portals created by Nether Banish no longer summon Living Shadows on Normal or Raid Finder difficulty.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 am
Gifted Diplomat

You can spend VP and buy the ring upgrade from a vendor in Tannan

Out of darkness, Out of mind, Cast down into the halls of the blind

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:50 am