View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:57 am

World of Warcraft: Legion - Next expansion to be revealed on 
Gifted Diplomat

Post Re: World of Warcraft: Legion - Next expansion revealed
Yeah, from a marketing point of view it would make sense to have the release before or at the same time the movie hits the cinemas which is set to 16th of June.

Will be interesting to see subscription numbers by then though.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:45 pm
Orator

Kalendra wrote:
wing clip comes to mind, and a specialty with traps that were melee only... back then you couldn't shoot with your bow on anything that came too close you, you had to go melee and deal with it... that's why everything was a hunter weapon.

Every hunter had back in those days 3 melee abilities, but that didn't make them a melee class, neither of the 3 hunter specs.
Those 3 were: raptor strike, mongoose bite (could only be used after a dodge) and wing clip (the hunter version of the warriors hamstring ability) only we used it in an entire different tactic then warriors: to get away iso not letting them get away. Basicly the hunters melee confrontations resulted in getting 1 raptor strike in then a wing clip and get out of melee range asap and pop a few traps on the way out and that's only for pvp. In pve you made sure you had either a tank or a pet who would keep aggro, no melee business there for us at all.
But there might be some situations in raids were it might be good that I can switch form ranged to melee and may that melee spec will work out better then. Other then that I see no reason why any hunter would go melee.

Then the other discussion and why Blizzard would come out with new expansions faster. The amount of subscribers is indeed dwindling since the Cataclysm release at which WoW had about 12 million subscribers, the release of new patches doesn't really make people resubscribe to the game, but the release of a new expansion does.
This behavior was first seen at the release of MoP, when before the release WoW had 9 million subscribers and that went back up to 10 million at the release of patch 5.0, but after the release subscribion dwindled again towards 7 million at the very end. When WoD came out something happened that even Blizzard did not forsee which resulted in huge queues at the release of WoD: subscribtion went up to 10 million again!!! But after that it fell back again to 6 million at this point.
So if a new expansion gives WoW a whopping 3 million new subscribers, it's not a hard decision to make to release expansions faster.

I got my subscription information form this website: http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:35 pm
Diplomat

Yea as I said they will release 'faster' expansions so they can get the £50+ monies. After that, if it follows WoD there will be barely any patch content before they release the next one..

I imagine it will be out between Mar-June next year, before the movie.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Orator

This stuff is great. Can't wait to see what other classes and specs get.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:06 am
Gifted Diplomat

was looking at the class changes on wowhead for priests, it is quite intensive... a lot of now spells are becoming talents, other new mechanics are introduced, and with triple spec (quad for droods) it seems there is a ton to learn, where once you needed only to specialize in on talent tree, you now have the option to do more, and usually having this options means one needs to use it from time to time.

I can see hunters being required to go melee for a specific fight, and range for another... and priests need to go Disc for one, Holy for another, and shadow for leveling/questing.

I'm not very exited about having to L2P again, but then again that would puff up some interest in the game.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Personas: Naruko, Nyophix, Kalendra, Pyren, Alenta, Rap, Rosepeak, Icecape.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:16 pm
Gifted Diplomat

Spoiler (minor one, screenshot in forest from Legion) but this image someone posted on Reddit just looks gorgeous:

https://i.imgur.com/INhXg4A.jpg

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:41 pm
Gifted Speaker

I can feel that my inner rage are turning me into a Demon hunter. :D

About the hunters, there are some legends about meleehunters but they mainly existed due to stupidity that they didnt know that they actually were a ranged attacking class.
Hunters had some (2-3) melee abilites but mostly to be able to get away from the target due to the "deadzone" we had back then. Anything from 0-5 yard to be melee'd and 5-8 yards, we sat down and had tea(Very annoying in pvp). 8-41 were the ranged attack one.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:14 am
Gifted Speaker

I got Alpha access. So far I only levelled arms warrior and shadow priest and completed the starting area for demon hunters - a lot of half naked elves running around there.

The graphics are improved. They already announced the new system requirements for Legion and they are quite higher than for WOD - and there seems to be a reason for it. And on top of that they added some new melee animations which look cool.

Oh, and survival hunters use a polearm at the moment - wonder at what point (if ever) will they realize there is no room for melee dps as it is, especially with adding a new melee class.

And quite frankly, the idea of fighting demons makes a lot more sense than to travel in time to some place that doesnt even make much sense.

I am looking forward to something more sensible and some good old demon spanking.

Q

Last edited by Muenne on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:42 am
Gifted Speaker

Argh... I want to be in the alpha also. *sobs*

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:47 am
Diplomat

Ooo gratz on the alpha access Muenne, so is it shaping up to be better than WoD?

I really hope so!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:28 am
Gifted Diplomat

It must! the damn Draenor thingy was a mishap to it's core :shock:

and i'm looking forward for the gnomes are actually evil expansion... we all see the writing on the wall. :wink:

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:12 pm
Gifted Diplomat

Kalendra wrote:
It must! the damn Draenor thingy was a mishap to it's core :shock:

and i'm looking forward for the gnomes are actually evil expansion... we all see the writing on the wall. :wink:

Hey! I might be wearing a shield and plate these days but I'm still Rudolpho at heart!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm
Gifted Diplomat

:lol: I knew this week's picture with this note will bring out the gnome in you!

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:50 am
Gifted Speaker

Naurko, They've done the same thing with 'locks too, a load of baseline spells and abilities are now talents.

The general feeling in a lot of forums is its a bit of a cheap tactic removing a lot of 'needed' or 'essential' stuff, have to see how its all balanced up but at the least talent choices will matter a lot more!

LK.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm