View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 am

Blizzcon 2015 
Gifted Diplomat

Post Blizzcon 2015
so... a new movie trailer... looks rather nice, i'm hoping they would not try to get everything inside the movie and just focus on a few characters, as there is too much info to get into a movie there...

new games:
  • new wow expansion
  • new starcraft 2 expansion (that does not require the base game)
  • new hearthstone expension
  • new game - Overwatch

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Personas: Naruko, Nyophix, Kalendra, Pyren, Alenta, Rap, Rosepeak, Icecape.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:43 pm
Gifted Diplomat

Post Re: Blizzcon 2015
They seem to have borrowed ideas from Diablo 3 which on paper looks like big improvements.

Getting the transmog gear out of your bags and into a collection view is going to be a massive quality of life change for me.

The greater rift like dungeons where you can keep pushing harder and harder (with better rewards) as an alternative to raids sounds like a great change as well.

The scaling content in the new zones sounds great, I hope they go back and add that to all zones in the world. Having played GW2 a bit the last couple of weeks has really shown how great this system is. Hopefully they also take note from GW2 and makes lots of reasons to travel the world.

The boo is the September 2016 release of Legion, that's almost a year away.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:59 pm
Speaker

While the date doesnt concern me at the moment, thats a long time to go without any new content. I'd be surprised with nothing new between now and then.

Fallout 4 coming so I'll hardly be scratching for something to do mind :D

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:54 pm
Gifted Diplomat

yes, I thought it will take about a year more for the next expansion, that's one of the reasons i'm happy with the once a week schedule, it we have a lot of time to take it slow and progress a rate less risky to burn us out.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 pm
Gifted Diplomat

Shared gathering nodes ala GuildWars2, where everyone gets to mine from the nodes, not just the first one that gets there.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 am
Speaker

There's a lot of good things from recent MMOs and in fairness to WoW, what I've often said is they take an awful lot of other MMO ideas, but then adds a bit more too them. Kinda why I roll my eyes when people use the "wow clone" term, when it in itself is a clone of so many others, but does it well.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:03 am
Gifted Diplomat

Things im looking farward to...
Triple spec, (and quad-spec for druids).
This will come handy for me as a priest, It is good to be able to go disc for shields and attonments when there aren't any disc priests in the group.
I'm also looking forward to demon hunter, it looks fun, and to the melee hunter.

Also holy priests artifact weapons are awesome.

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:13 am
Gifted Diplomat

Dorrin wrote:
There's a lot of good things from recent MMOs and in fairness to WoW, what I've often said is they take an awful lot of other MMO ideas, but then adds a bit more too them. Kinda why I roll my eyes when people use the "wow clone" term, when it in itself is a clone of so many others, but does it well.

Not sure if this was a response to my comment "... ala Guildwars2". If it was I wanted to clarify that I didn't mean it in a "OMG, Blizzard copied it!" sense of a way. Just to draw the parallell to a system many people here have experienced.

They all copy from each other which is a good thing, they see what works and implement it in their own games.It's also great that Blizzard it realising that some parts of WoW needs to be updated. Another great thing they will be changing which also exists in other games (like GW2 but I'm sure several others as well) is the mob-tagging. Instead of only the first one to hit a mob, the first X that hits it will get to share the experience and loot.

Also nice that they are adding tri/quad-spec so that you don't need to run back to the trainer to change specs if you want to play all your specs in different situations.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:16 am
Gifted Speaker

I was very much underwhelmed with the movie trailer, (the legion trailer looked much better), it really just looked like a wow cinematic. With a few very much out of place live action actors, who just broke the immersion for me.

Will I see it? Not at the cinema unless friends want to see it but once I find a £3 copy? Depends how much change I have in my pocket, I've had bad feelings about this from the start and the trailer didnt do any thing to make me feel better about it.

I can just see people sitting around at Blizz HQ saying 'So we've got about a billion dollers, what should be do?' 'errrm how much does it cost to make a movie these days?'.

Legion trailer looks very nice mind you, happy about that one.

LK.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:40 pm
Diplomat

The film trailer looked cringeworthy.. :roll:

The Legion trailer though, really liked the Banshee Queen. :D

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:45 pm
Gifted Diplomat

I don't know, I've no opinion on the film right now, will i go see it?
If it makes the theaters in Israel I will...

let them pray....
NO! LET ME PREY!

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:58 pm
Orator

Gilora wrote:
The film trailer looked cringeworthy.. :roll:

Poor Duncan Jones. His career is finished. Well, we'll always have Moon at least.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 pm
Speaker

Gonthar wrote:
Dorrin wrote:

Not sure if this was a response to my comment "... ala Guildwars2". If it was I wanted to clarify that I didn't mean it in a "OMG, Blizzard copied it!" sense of a way. Just to draw the parallell to a system many people here have experienced.

They all copy from each other which is a good thing, they see what works and implement it in their own games.It's also great that Blizzard it realising that some parts of WoW needs to be updated. Another great thing they will be changing which also exists in other games (like GW2 but I'm sure several others as well) is the mob-tagging. Instead of only the first one to hit a mob, the first X that hits it will get to share the experience and loot.

Also nice that they are adding tri/quad-spec so that you don't need to run back to the trainer to change specs if you want to play all your specs in different situations.

No no, you just made me think of it. I've played numerous MMOs and you're right, they all take ideas off each other. Which makes sense, if its a nice idea why not use it.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 am
Gifted Speaker

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't hate the movie trailer. In my opinion it looks pretty much exactly like what I would expect a Warcraft movie to look like - whether or not that translates into a good movie, time will tell.

As for the wow news, I have some mixed feelings. Most of the things sound pretty good; I specially like what they're doing to the classes. Taking us all back to the core "fantasy", as they call it.

The new challenge mode dungeons concern me a bit. I'm afraid that if they offer raid-level rewards it might feel like we're forced to run 5mans on top of raiding if we don't want to fall behind on gear.

And then there's the really big concern: The guardian druid artifact weapons are fist weapons, so unless they change transmog rules so I can make 2 claws look like 1 staff all my awesome transmogs will be ruined! (and there are very few fist weapons in the game that look even half-decent so it would be very hard to make any good new sets).

Oh.. and what's up with the summer release? A full year without a new raid - shame on you, Blizz!

Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:14 pm
Diplomat

Elemental shaman has the same problem with a fist weapon as their artefact. They did say they were going to work on them actually showing in game.. :roll:

Doesn't the feral druid one change your form though? Which is a nice idea.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:13 pm