View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Hijinx Ensues: Excerpts from a Diary of a Gnome. 
The Awesome Bear

Post Hijinx Ensues: Excerpts from a Diary of a Gnome.
A badly charred cover adorns a diary, embossed with the initials H.B. Pages protrude from odd angles, some appear stained or burnt at the edges, and it could easily be assumed that the thick red rubberband is perhaps the only thing keeping this book together.

Test Date 57.43.2b
It has been so nice to visit family and friends in Loch Modan. I really don't want to depart, but depart I must, though it is with both excitement and fear that I do. This Herald position seems like quite a responsibility. I'm not sure how well I shall do at it. The board have said there are to be no explosives involved, and Miss. Copperpenny has warned me I must not conduct any experiments within the Vanguard Barracks. I'm quite sad about that. Maybe if I do a good job, I can change their minds. I hear there is quite a sturdy battalion residing in the barracks. Surely they can withstand some hijinx.

Test Date 57.43.5c
Have arrived back at Theramore Isle. Lovely weather, beautiful day! I can't wait to start my new job!

Test Date 57.43.5c1
Day went well. I'm a bit unsure of all this though. There's a rather large panther that tends to sleep by the fire, and whilst I have been told she is friendly, and she seems gentle enough, I'm not so sure of the fat bear that waddles around. It seems most unsatisfied half the time. The Clerk says it's an Obatala. I must look up what that is. The Clerk is nice, though he makes horrible tea. I will teach him about thistle tea, I think.

Test Date 57.43.9
I think the Council are avoiding me. I wonder if they heard about that Mudsprocket fiasco? I hope not. I would hate to start things on the wrong bomb.

Test Date 57.43.12
I've been watching the Mages. Some of them play with fire. I am almost positive that if I angle some experimental devices the right way, and walk casually by, I will be able to conduct "unofficial tests" on my new heat-resistant suit. Say what you like about that Wrymbog but I never let sleeping dragons lie.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:47 am