View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:43 pm

Uroborus 
Diplomat

Post Uroborus
I woke up screaming. The thin, moth eaten blanket that barely covered my shoulders was hastily strewn on the floor, cast aside as if it's mere presence on my skin were a portent of some terrible evil.

In my nightmare, I awoke alone. Emerging into the pale, chill, dawn light I heard no sounds. No bird calling morning chorus, not an animal grazing nor a hunter stalking its prey. Although slightly unnerved, I was not overly concerned and so I began my search, slowly. I moved from familiar place to familiar place and found each of them barren and utterly vacant.

My chest became gradually tighter as I found each dwelling more desolate and uninhabited than the last. I searched high and low becoming quickly frantic, scouring every land on Azeroth and Outland; every nook and possible cranny, until coming upon a hillside I finally saw a face I knew. Relief flooded through me and I raced forward, calling out. As I got closer, I stopped dead. My breath made no mist upon the early morn, my feet no impression or ruffle upon the dew laden grass; my voice itself no sound or reverberation upon the air. Shaking my head furiously, positive that it could not be, I raced on until I thought my legs would carry me no further and happened upon the one person upon whom I could always rely; who would never dissapoint or abandon me.

As I edged closed to Lollapy, he was grumbling in the pallid sun, his snout burried in the grass searching out something to eat. Startled, I heard an almighty snore come from somewhere beside him and I approached the bear, my companion and friend and his new bedfellow with caution. There was not a waiver in the bear's commitment to discover what scent dragged his nose from grass to nap sack as I drew near and the person beside him did not stir. I crouched - still not ready to believe what I deep down knew was true - stroking the sleepers face, plucking at and out a few hairs from their head and yet nothing and nothing in my fingers when I lifted them away. Tumbling backwards, the realisation hitting me, my hand flew to my chest to try and control my laboured, terrified breaths. Shaking my head in disbelief, I scrabbled backwards away and into the trees.

I woke up screaming. The thin, moth eaten blanket that barely covered my shoulders was hastily strewn on the floor, cast aside as if it's mere presence on my skin was a portent of some terrible evil......

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:14 pm